About Palacios ISD
Palacios Independent School District is located on Matagorda Bay 110 miles from Houston and/or Corpus Christi and serves a 718 square-mile area of southwest Matagorda and southeast Jackson Counties. District schools (prekindergarten through grade 12) are fully accredited by the Texas Education Agency.
The PaIacios Independent School District is dedicated to keeping students first. Our students will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach their full potential through staff who are effective, supportive, and committed to their ultimate benefit and our multi-cultural community.
CORE VALUES AND BELIEFS
Board/Administrative Goals 2016-2018
Vision Statement – Every student prepared for a successful future
Fairness and Equity:
- We will treat everyone with consideration, integrity, and respect
- We will build relationships through consistency, transparency, and trust
- We will serve as positive role models for our community, students, and staff
- We will carry out our roles and responsibilities with a high level of commitment, diligence, and skill
Accountability and High Expectations:
- We will take ownership for the academic performance of every student
- We will ensure that all students learn, perform, and achieve at high levels
- We will establish a safe, secure, and positive environment for all
- We will ensure a dynamic atmosphere based on teamwork, communication, and collaboration
PALACIOS ISD will maintain and improve upon well-rounded, comprehensive academic and extracurricular programs designed to foster individual student growth and achievement.
PALACIOS ISD will establish and improve fiscally sound practices to ensure the efficient and effective management of the District’s resources and operations.
PALACIOS ISD will recruit, develop and support highly qualified staff to provide authentic student-centered learning and instruction.
PALACIOS ISD will establish outreach opportunities for parental involvement across all demographics of the population.